单项选择题不简单, 每道题的背后都是一个美丽的陷阱, 但只要同学们树立信心, 认真对待, 相信你一定会战胜困难, 取得好成绩。
1. ——Excuse me, is this Mr. Browns office?
——Im sorry, but Mr. Brown ____ works here. He left about three weeks ago.
A. not now B. no more C. not still D. no longer
2. He knows very well ____ to deal with men, but when he meets women, he doesnt know ____ to do.
A. how; how B. what; what C. how; what D. what; how
3. No longer ____ late for class.
A. is he B. he is C. comes he D. he comes
4. ——Could you please introduce me to the writer?
——Sorry, I dont ____ him, either. I just ____ him.
A. know; know of B. know of; know about
C. know of; know D. know about; know
5. His life was devoted to ____ the sick and needy.
A. care about B. care for C. caring of D. caring for
6. It was ten years ____ we saw each other again.
A. when B. until C. since D. before
7. At ____ present moment he is happy about it.
A. a B. one C. / D. the
8. It doesnt ____ much difference whether you go or stay.
A. get B. tell C. make D. point
9. The meeting was a great success. All the people ____ were for the programme.
A. present B. important C. thoughtful D. satisfied
10. Where do you believe ____? We cant find him anywhere.
A. has he gone B. he has gone C. has he been D. he has been to
11. How did Jack ____ to your suggestion?
A. look B. respond C. act D. reduce
12. He made another wonderful discovery, ____ of great importance to
A. which I think is B. which I think it is
C. which I think it D. I think which is
13. We went to Professor Lis yesterday. He gave us ____.
A. some advice B. advices C. an advice D. a few advice
14. His father was seriously ill and it would take large amounts of money to cure him, so he worked hard to earn ____.
A. as many as possible B. as much as he could
C. as many as he could D. as possible as he could
15. Dont stop trying. Youll be sure ____.
A. success B. successful C. of succeeding D. to succeed
16. This type of music has become very famous in Britain and is very good music to ____.
A. dance B. dance with C. dance to D. dance at
17. Dont believe him. He never has us ____.
A. in mind B. on mind C. in minds D. to his mind
18. Please let us decide ____.
A. to buy which B. to buy what
C. which to buy D. which to be bought
19. The young woman rushed to the hospital ____ she heard the terrible news.
A. in a moment B. at the moment C. the moment D. for a moment
20. They supplied us with all ____ we need for the experiment.
A. what B. that C. which D. whatever
21. What do you think of the plan ____ before long.
A. carried out B. being carried out
C. to be carried out D. will be carried out
22. They have a lot ____ and become good friends.
A. in case B. in common C. in surprise D. in peace
23. She didnt come to the party ____ you had said.
A. because that B. because of that
C. because what D. because of what
24. On one hand I valued his friendship, but ____ I disliked his pride and selfishness.
A. else B. on others
C. in some other way D. on the other hand
25. He made ____ to get up at six oclock in the morning and do morn- ing exercises.
A. a ruleB that a rule C. it a rule D. this a rule
26. Little Tom considers Jack as his best friend, and John ____.
A. is his enemy B. as his enemy
C. be his enemy D. being his enemy
27. I dont feel ____ about it. How can I go to sleep?
A. strange B. worried C. easy D. interested
28. He gave me some advice on how ____ English.
A. studying B. study C. to study D. should I study
29. ____, John felt uneasy.
A. Because Mary away B. Because of Mary away
C. With Mary was away D. With Mary away
30. It wasnt long before they found that there was much trouble ____ the plan.
A. to carry out B. carrying out
C. with carrying out D. to have carried out
31. This book ____ all the information you need.
A. contains B. holds C. includes D. is listed
32. Thank you for the trouble youve ____ to find me the book.
A. made B. had C. put D. taken
33. Ill do everything in my ____ to help you out.
A. energy B. power C. right D. reach
34. I was just wondering ____ trick him into believing us.
A. how to B. what to
C. how should we D. what should we
35. In France, it is the ____ to shake hands with people in the office every morning.
A. custom B. behaviour C. habit D. act
36. The ship met with a terrible storm and sank near ____ is called
A. where B. which C. what D. that
37. ____ that Mr. Smiths business is failing.
A. It has whispered B. It was whispered
C. Its being whispered D. This is whispered
38. ____ with the size of the whole earth, the highest mountain doesnt
seem high at all.
A. Comparing B. Compared
C. To compare D. Being compared
39. The great noise ____ a train going under my house.
A. was sounded B. sounded C. sounded like D. sounded as if
40. Since the medicine had no ____ on him, he decided to go and see another doctor.
A. work B. effect C. effort D. job