第一节：单项填空（共15小题; 每小题1分, 满分15分）
21. Books cant be ____from the library.
A. taken away B. put away C. given away D. kept away
22. You know you are ____ to stay.
A. welcomed B. welcoming C. welcome D. welcame
23. Mrs Black came ____ her friend in New York.
A. about B. by C. up D. across
24. Political leaders fought ____ slavery.
A. for B. against C. out D. at
25. I ____ what he said but I dont ____ him.
A. believe; believe B. believe in; believe in
C. believe; believe in D. believe in; believe
26. It was in 1969 that the American astronaut ____ on the moon.
A. succeeded to land B. succeeded landing
C. succeed in landing D. succeeded in landing
27. The story ____ about the neighbourhood.
A. is being whispered B. is whispering
C. has whispered D. whispered
28. ____ of us smoke, Li Ming never does.
A. All B. None C. Not all D. No one
29. I hurried ____ I wouldnt be late for class.
A. since B. so that C. as if D. unless
30. He ____ to go to bed ____ there was a ring.
A. was going; when B. was about; when
C. was getting; while D. was looking; as
31. What a pity!____ she had known about it.
A. As if B. Even if C. If only D. Even though
32. All of us have been there, Xiao Ming ____.
A. including B. included C. is including D. is included
33. They found there was ____ to press on the top.
A. heavy enough nothing B. nothing heavy enough
C. nothing enough big D. enough nothing big
34. ——Can you win the game?
A. Im sure so B. Im afraid not C. I wish so D. I dont hope so
35. Why do you want a new job ____ youve got such a good one
A. that B. where C. which D. when
第二节：完形填空（共20小题; 每小题1.5分, 满分30分）
阅读下面短文, 掌握其大意, 然后从36-55各题所给的四个选项A、B、C和D中,选出最佳选项。
Jack, an old sailor（水手） who had __36__ many years in the Navy（海军）, was walking __37__ a country road __38__ he came into a farm-house. The farmer was standing __39__ the door and Jack said, “I have been walking all day __40__ work. Will you give me __41__?”
“All right,” said the farmer, “Ill give you a __42__. Do you see the sheep over the hillside?”
“Yes,” answered Jack.
“Well,” said the farmer, “get them all __43__ that gate and into the yard.”
An hour __44__ the farmer went to the __45__ and found Jack lying on the grass, out of __46__, with sweat（汗） on his forehead.
“Did you get them all in?” said the farmer. “Yes,” said Jack. The farmer __47__ and sure __48__ all the sheep were __49__ in the yard and the gate __50__. __51__ the farmer saw a hare（兔子） __52__ round among the sheep. The sailor saw what he was __53__.
“Yes,” he said, “that little __54__ there gave me __55__ trouble than all the rest put together.”
36. A. cost B. spent C. paid D. stayed
37. A. across B. in C. along D. with
38. A. when B. just C. then D. as
39. A. at B. in C. on D. behind
40. A. looked B. looking for C. looked for D. looking
41. A. one B. a work C. a job D. works