A： 1—4 CADD B： 5—8 CCAC
1—5 CACDA 6—10 BCDBA
11—15 BCDAD 16—20 DBCAD
1. to 2. was 3. poorer 4. checking 5. the 6. follows
7. Thankfully 8. divided 9. what 10. activities
A： 1—4 CCAC B： 5—8 AACB
1—5 BDCCA 6—10 DCBBA
11—15 AAABC 16—20 DBCAC
1. anxious 2. unhealthy 3. wealthier 4. eyeing
5. symptoms 6. injury 7. rarely 8. painful
9. fitter 10. awful
1. My grandma becomes more and more unhealthy， and we are all anxious about her health.
2. My first impression of England is connected with food.
3. You have had a temperature， and you should go to see a doctor.
4. In order to keep fit， I take one-hour exercise every day.
5. The ship left the small island and headed for the seaside.
I went on a trip to Thailand during the winter holiday， what was
wonderful because I tried something I have never experienced before.
One morning when we were walking along the beach and enjoying sunshines， someone strongly advised us to go water skiing. And I didnt
dare to face the challenge because it seemed danger. My friends all
encouraged me， so I finally joined in them. At first， I couldnt stop scream
in fright. Later I enjoyed myself and found it amazed. From the experience
I learnt that we should /＼ brave enough to try something new. Only in this
way can we find the better self to meet any challenge.
One possible version：
We all want to grow up happily and healthily， and for this goal we need do several things. Firstly， we should develop a good attitude to life. Life consists of not only sunshine but also hard times. We should be brave in front of difficulties. Secondly， we must study hard because knowledge is power. If we have the power， we can help to build our country and enjoy life better. In order to study well， we need to do sports so that we can keep fit. We can go running， play ball games or simply take a walk after a days study. If we do those things well， we will be able to grow up happily and healthily.
A： 1—4 CCBC B： 5—8 DCAB
1—5 ACACD 6—10 DBCBB
11—15 CADBA 16—20 DABCC
1. and 2. plays 3. beginning 4. longest 5. to drink
6. chances 7. However 8. As 9. polluted 10. importance
A： 1—4 AABD B： 5—8 BBAB
1—5 BBDAD 6—10 ADCAC
11—15 ACBAB 16—20 DDBCD
1. was injecting 2. reduced 3. dangerous 4. related
5. drugs 6. criminals 7. addictive 8. connection
9. powerful 10. illegally
1. The crimes in this area are all related to drugs.
2. The thief broke into the office and stole some money.
3. Now you should take your parents advice and study hard.
4. Childrens lives are in danger every time they cross this road.
5. The old man put on his glasses in order to see more clearly.
Great changes have been taken place in my village. Ten years ago， the
small and low houses， which lie on the north of a lake， produced much
waste. As the result， the lake was serious polluted. To the west was a sandy
field， that was the source of dust. Better still， a brickyard on the southwest
side of the lake used up a great deal∧good soil. Now the poor
house have been replaced by green trees and the brickyard by tall buildings.
The sandy field that the villagers used to planting crops has been covered
with fruit trees. On the lake the villagers often spend his spare time boating
One possible version：
Smoking Is Harmful
When you are in public places， you will see many smokers. And some of them are young people and even middle school students. It is said that in China smokers cover about 45 percent of all the smokers. Why do so many people enjoy smoking？ Some think that it is a pleasure， and some believe that it can keep a clear head. In fact， smoking is a bad habit. It does great harm， not only to the smoker himself， but also to others. For smokers， it is a great waste of money， and causes all kinds of diseases. Besides， many fires are caused by careless smokers. So never get into the bad habit of smoking， and try to stop smoking if you have the habit.
A： 1—4 BDDB B： 5—8 CCBC
1—5 CBACD 6—10 DACBA
11—15 BDADC 16—20 DABAC
1. places 2. will become 3. to dislike 4. It 5. how
6. a 7. attracts 8. happiness 9. quickly 10. countrys
A： 1—4 BABB B： 5—8 DDCA
1—5 BBCDA 6—10 BCDAA
11—15 CDBCB 16—20 ADBCA
1. lost 2. musical 3. audience 4. complex
5. instrument 6. impressed 7. conductor 8. mixed
9. talent 10. directors
1. When the little girl kissed this frog， it changed into a prince at once.
2. When you hear the talk， you should make a note of what the speaker says.
3. All audience were greatly impressed with your performance tonight.
4. Oxford is known as one of the best universities in the world.
5. Our team were split up to work in different parts of the province.
Once a man asked a painter to painting a picture for him. He told
the artist he didnt want any shadows in the picture， just sunshine， but the
artist did so. When the man saw the finishing picture， he was disappointed.
Without shadows， everything in the picture looks flat and unreal. The point
of the story is that we need both shadows and sunshine to have a completely
picture， just as we need both rain and sun to have∧living world. People，
too， needs both sadness and happiness. We often learn important lesson
during sad times. So when we will feel sad， we should try to stop and
think about that we might learn from the experience.
One possible version：
The Role of Music
Music plays an important role in our life. First， it can make us feel relaxed both mentally and physically， thus helping reduce our pressure at work and life. Second， music can excite and encourage us whenever we meet troubles and feel sad. Whats more， music can have a comforting effect when we are worried and help us step out of difficulty. In addition， music， as a universal language， can be of great help on the way to learning another culture.
As far as Im concerned， music is part of my life. I cant live a happy life without the company of music.
A： 1—4 DBDD B： 5—7 BCDD
1—5 CADBA 6—10 BBCAB
11—15 CDAAD 16—20 BADBC
1. Practicing 2. will work 3. what 4. to recall 5. beginning
6. how 7. quickly 8. without 9. improvement 10. a
A： 1—4 DDAB B： 5—8 CDAD
1—5 DBCCA 6—10 CBBDA
11—15 CDCBC 16—20 ADBCD
1. painting 2. expression 3. alive 4. traditional
5. reality 6. likes 7. unusual 8. aspects
9. observed 10. artists
1. Now I am crazy about playing basketball.
2. Yesterday he told me that he was tired of doing the same thing all the time.
3. He was fond of drawing when he was a child.
4. We discussed a series of problems in our work.
5. Wed better put off the sports meet because of the bad weather.
Kites are invented in China 200 years ago. The earlier kites were
made from wood. They were expensive. Kite flying began to spread
among for the ordinary people only after paper∧invented and then kite
making cost little. Weifang City is the birthplace of the kite. Now kite
flying is more and more popularer here. Every spring people from all over
the world comes to take part in the International Kite Festival. They will
see beautiful kite fly in the sky. I believe you will enjoy themselves here.
I hope youll go to the Festival every year.
One possible version：
Boys and girls，
Our art teacher will take us to visit the Holiday Gallery this weekend. Everybody should take part.
We will meet at 8：30 am on Saturday at the school gate. Since we are going to the gallery by bike， everyone ought to be careful on the way. The visit of the gallery begins at 9：00 am. Once we are inside the exhibition hall， dont make noise. Remember not to touch the paintings. We will have a discussion about the paintings in our art class next Monday. The gallery closes at 11：30. Then we shall go home. Thats all.
A： 1—4 DBBA B： 5—8 BDDD
1—5 CDCBB 6—10 ACADA
11—15 BDCBA 16—20 DCABB
1. latest 2. why 3. quickly 4. decides 5. to report 6. or
7. photographers 8. developed 9. for 10. are finished
1—4 DDAC B： 5—8 BBCB
1—5 BBABC 6—10 DACBB
11—15 CDACD 16—20 ABCAD
1. photographer 2. flight 3. aboard
4. congratulations 5. was founded 6. Politics
7. achievement 8. fans 9. welcomed
1. He gave me a call and told me that he was already aboard the plane.
2. I spent two days taking photographs of this place. / It took me two days to take photographs of this place.
3. Children sometimes cant understand the things their parents believe in.
4. There are 75 workers in this company in total.
5. Their house is similar to ours， but ours has a bigger garden.
Some people learn new skills more quickly than others， but dont
be too discouraged if some of your classmate seem to be learning English
more quickly than you. If you keep practice， you will master English in
In the meantime， try to make English learning as fun as possibly. I
suggest that you watch English language movies on your free time. I also
suggest reading some English language magazines on topics that it interest
you， and join in the fun and games at your schools English Corner. If
your school didnt already have an English corner， I may think about
One possible version：
Reading Newspapers Is a Good Habit
Newspapers are important for our daily life. They can provide all kinds of latest news from both at home and abroad， which can help us understand the world better.
Newspapers can make us well informed. In newspapers， we can read stories about a variety of people， find weather reports， introductions to new books， advertisements on traveling， and so on.
As an English learner， I like reading newspapers in English， such as China Daily. It is one of the best ways to improve my English. There are many words， phrases and structures for me to learn， and whats more， I can learn a lot of knowledge of history， culture and society from it.
A： 1—4 CABD B： 5—7 CBA
1—5 BABCA 6—10 DDCCA
11—15 BCDDA 16—20 BACDB
1. an 2. was fixed 3. dressed 4. largest 5. what 6. unhappy
7. into 8. warmth 9. successful 10. taught
A： 1—4 BBBC B： 5—8 DBCC
1—5 ACDCB 6—10 DAABB
11—15 BCDCB 16—20 BDCBA
1. sword 2. actresses 3. comedies 4. posters
5. plot 6. arguing 7. interests 8. characters
9. section 10. male
1. A new Chinese-English dictionary will soon come out.
2. It was such a moving film that many people cried at last.
3. We have been in love with each other for 7 years.
4. To our surprise， she turned out to be / became a teacher at last.
5. Jane played the part of a singer in a film last year.
In recent years， college students find it increasing difficult to get a
job. It may sounds strange since young college students are usually
intelligent and well-educated. There are several reason for this. Firstly，
college students aimed too high nowadays. All they want are good jobs
which could offer to high payment and comfortable work conditions.
Secondly， some companies think some students majors at college cannot meet our needs. The solution to the problem requires efforts of
both the society or the students. The companies should value the students
while∧latter should face their weak points so as to improving themselves
and become more skilled.
One possible version：
Film or Book， Which Do You Prefer？
Some of us think that it is better to see the film than to read the book in the original. The reason is that it takes less time to understand the whole story. Besides， the film is usually more interesting， and it is easier to follow. Some others have just the opposite opinion. They think that they can get more detailed information from the original. Meanwhile， the language in the book is possibly more lively and beautiful.
Personally， I prefer the original. Actually I have more reasons for it. I think I can stay at home， reading quietly in a situation of my own. Whats more， Im able to better understand the authors ideas. In a word， to read the original work is better than to see the film based on it.