1. Although some studies show GM food is safe for humans， it is believed that the long-term health effects are unknown.
A. occasionally B. widely C. locally D. hurriedly
2. There is not a connection between the number of clicks for information and the damage to victims.
A. eagerly B. approximately
C. necessarily D. kindly
3. Renmin University is one of the top institutions in the country； it is less known ， compared with the likes of Peking University or Tsinghua University.
A. sometimes B. moreover
C. luckily D. internationally
4. Were you disappointed by your result， or did you perform than you expected？
A. better B. more C. nicer D. worse
5. Flying a private plane to you want may be a simple matter in China in another four or five years.
A. anyhow B. anyway C. anywhere D. anyhow
6. Europes largest public library， which took more than three years to build and cost ￡198 million， has opened in Birmingham， England.
A. recently B. frequently C. certainly D. faithfully
7. The tiny baby squirrel， called Rob， has proved that he can sleep anywhere.
A. nearly B. almost C. especially D. suddenly
8. Despite a financially stable IOC from Rogge， Bach will face political challenges from the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics and the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.
A. thoroughly B. long C. fairly D. immediately
9. Im very grateful， to the president and to my fans who always support me.
A. after all B. above all C. in all D. at all
10. The small cameras on the car take pictures of eye movements 200 pictures a second.
A. on to B. down to C. up to D. next to
11. I believe that a summer could not be a real summer without the singing of cicadas.
A. firmly B. closely C. effectively D. lately
12. If parents have children help with housework， the children will feel needed. ， they will learn to take care of themselves.
A. On the contrary B. In a word
C. That is to say D. Whats more
13. Those poor and needy teenagers were excited to find a shop at the corner where they could buy priced bikes.
A. competitively B. recently
C. reasonably D. affordably
14. Dont defend him any more. Its obvious that he destroyed the fence of the garden even without apology.
A. accidentally B. carelessly
C. deliberately D. clumsily
15. Everything seemed to be going ， for the first two days after I moved to New York.endprint
A. vividly B. generally C. frequently D. smoothly
16. If we leave right away， well arrive on time.
A. hopefully B. curiously
C. occasionally D. gradually
17. It will be a big help if you go to the store and get what we need for dinner. ， Ill set the table.
A. As a result B. On the whole
C. In the meanwhile D. As a matter of fact
18. Excellence is not a singular act， but a habit. You are what you do.
A. sometimes B. occasionally
C. repeatedly D. seldom
19. Mark Twain wrote that “the difference between the almost right word and the right word is a large matter”.
A. only B. merely C. simply D. really
20. There are， ， plenty of ways that the Internet has provided access to information that is trustworthy and accurate， not to mention helpful.
A. so far B. after all
C. let alone D. or rather
21. Currently， only cotton and papaya are allowed to be planted in China.
A. commercially B. clearly
C. personally D. nervously
22. However you did， it was one examination， and not the most important moment in your lives.
A. really B. surely C. simply D. finally
23. According to the new rule， in the specific airspace， planes can take off after reporting their flight plans.
A. easily B. illegally C. willingly D. freely
24. Queen Elizabeth Ⅱ is often thought to be the richest woman in the world. ， her personal wealth seems rather small.
A. Besides B. Otherwise
C. However D. Altogether
25. “Perhaps we need to send for Dr Smith to see what we can do about it，” Father suggested to his neighbor who had come to discuss the problem.
A. tentatively B. thoughtlessly
C. definitely D. rudely
26. Bicycling is good exercise； ， it does not pollute the air.
A. nevertheless B. besides
C. otherwise D. therefore
27. He seems to be giving the impression that he didnt enjoy himself in Paris. ， he had a wonderful time.
A. Above all B. whats more
C. As a result D. On the contrary
28. We used to see each other ， but I havent heard from him since last year.
A. especially B. regularly
C. particularly D. approximately
29. The hotel is almost finished， but it ， needs one or two weeks to get ready for guests.
A. only B. also C. even D. still
30. The dog may be a good companion for the old. ， the need to take it for walks may be a disadvantage.endprint
A. Besides B. However C. Therefore D. Instead
31. I ranked the same as I did in the senior high school entrance examination.
A. hardly B. straight C. almost D. gradually
32. put off a problem until its too late to understand and master.
A. Patiently B. Never C. Carefully D. Completely
33. Brown said he was by no means annoyed； ， he was glad to be able to make himself clearly understood.
A. all in all B. for one thing
C. on the contrary D. by the way
34. Mike was usually so careful， this time he made a small mistake.
A. yet B. still C. even D. thus
35. Anyone， whether he is an official or a bus driver， should be respected.
A. especially B. equally C. naturally D. normally
36. This nature and wildlife documentary series covers animals， oceans， deserts， caves， mountains the Arctic and the Antarctic， and more knowledge.
A. very B. much C. many D. only
37. The most famous adult to have suffered from homesickness is Odysseus， the hero of Homers epic poem， who spent 10 years on a journey trying to get home.
A. mostly B. sharply C. probably D. kindly
38. The training system of singers and groups in South Korea is known for being developed， and tough.
A. even B. very C. ever D. well
39. Three， two， one， go！ You may think its some kind of race， but its students rushing to the canteen.
A. certainly B. constantly
C. actually D. eventually
40. Some people like to connect to WiFi networks on their smartphone or laptop， but this means theyre at risk of falling into a trap without even noticing.
A. exactly B. automatically
C. fortunately D. generally
41. It is one thing to enjoy listening to good music， but it is another to play it well yourself.
A. quite B. very C. rather D. much
42. To be great， you must be smart， confident， and， ， honest.
A. therefore B. above all
C. however D. after
43. ， I managed to get through the game and the pain was worth it in the end.
A. Hopefully B. Normally
C. Thankfully D. Conveniently
44. The house was too expensive and too big. ， Id grown fond of our little rented house.
A. Besides B. Therefore
C. Somehow D. Otherwise
45. —Volunteering is becoming popular in China.
—Yeah， people are now aware that helping others is helping themselves.
A. naturally B. successfullyendprint
C. splendidly D. increasingly
46. I wasnt blaming anyone； I said errors like this could be avoided.
A. merely B. mostly C. rarely D. nearly
47. Father goes to the gym with us although he dislikes going there.
A. hardly B. seldom C. sometimes D. never
48. So far we have done a lot to build a low-carbon economy， but it is ideal. We have to work still harder.
A. next to B. far from C. out of D. due to
49. We give dogs time， space and love we can spare， and ， dogs gives us their all.
A. in all B. in fact C. in short D. in return
50. I have seldom seen my mother ， pleased with my progress as she is now.
A. so B. very C. too D. rather
51. The island is attractive in spring and autumn because of the pleasant weather in both seasons.
A. partly B. merely C. nearly D. equally
52. Ive been writing this report for the last two weeks， but it has to be handed it tomorrow.
A. finally B. immediately
C. occasionally D. certainly
53. I guess weve already talked about this before but Ill ask you again just .
A. by nature B. in return
C. in case D. by chance
54. Do you think shopping online will ，take the place， of shopping in stores？
A. especially B. frequently C. merely D. finally
55. —According to my grandma， it is a good idea to eat chicken soup when you have a cold.
— ， scientists agree with her.
A. Sooner or later B. Once in a while
C. To be exact D. Believe it or not
56. The young man couldnt afford a new car. ， he bought a used one.
A. Besides B. Otherwise C. Instead D. Still
57. The children loved their day trip， and they enjoyed the horse ride .
A. most B. more C. less D. little
58. I can be a teacher. Im not a very patient person.
A. seldom B. ever C. never D. always
59. The questionnaire takes ten to fifteen minutes to complete and can be used along with the assessment interview.
A. mainly B. punctually
C. approximately D. precisely
60. Im amazed to hear from my school teacher again. ，it is ten years since we met last.
A. In a word B. Whats more
C. Thats to say D. Believe it or not
61. It seems that living green is easy and affordable. A small step makes a big difference.
A. exactly B. fortunately
C. surprisingly D. hardly
62. It took building supplies to construct these energy-saving houses. It took brains， too.endprint
A. other than B. more than
C. rather than D. less than
63. It was a nice house， but too small for a family to live.
A. rarely B. rather C. pretty D. fairly
64. —Do you think its a good idea to make friends with your students？
— ， I do. I think its a great idea.
A. Really B. Obviously
C. Actually D. Generally
65. Its high time you had your hair cut； its getting .
A. too much long B. much too long
C. long too much D. too long much
66. Caught in yet another traffic jam， most of us cant help but press the horn， making everything even more unbearable.
A. surprisingly B. disappointedly
C. repeatedly D. excitedly
67. The famous “Freshman 15” has to do with the easily available， all-you-can-eat foods and snacks.
A. a lot B. by far C. at all D. all together
68. Mary and I see each other ， but not as often as we used to.
A. sooner or later B. once in a while
C. in the end D. more or less
69. When I was working full-time as a salesman for a big company， I had time to enjoy my hobby.
A. seldom B. sincerely
C. seriously D. similarly
70. Usually John would be late for meetings. But this time， to my surprise， he arrived on time.
A. little B. much C. ever D. even
71. ， I didnt expect much of the military training because Id taken part in it before at school.
A. To be honest B. In a hurry
C. Surprisingly D. In the end
72. Id like to buy a house—modern， comfortable， and in a quiet neighborhood.
A. in all B. above all
C. after all D. at all
73. Allen had to call a taxi because the box was to carry all the way home.
A. much too heavy B. too much heavy
C. heavy too much D. too heavy much
74. —I was riding along the street and all of a sudden， a car cut in and knocked me down.
—You can never be careful in the street.
A. much B. very C. so D. too
75. Running a company is not a matter of hiring people—they also need to be trained.
A. simply B. partly C. seriously D. equally
76. Why are you so anxious？ It isnt your problem .
A. on purpose B. in all
C. on time D. after all
77. Youre driving too fast. Can you drive ？
A. more slowly a bit B. slowly a bit more
C. a bit more slowly D. slowly more a bit
78. The weather was cold that I didnt like to leave my room.endprint
A. really B. such C. too D. so
79. Although badly hurt in the accident， the driver was able to make a phone call.
A. still B. even C. also D. ever
80. A cough is usually nothing to worry about unless it lasts for ten days .
A. or more B. instead C. at most D. only
81. The house still needed a lot of work， but the kitchen was finished.
A. instead B. altogether
C. at once D. at least
82. If a person has not had enough sleep， his actions will give him during the day.
A. away B. up C. in D. back
83. Last night Mr Crook didnt come back at the usual time. ， he met some friends and stayed out until midnight.
A. Meanwhile B. However
C. Instead D. Yet
84. As he works in a remote area， he visits his parents only .
A. occasionally B. anxiously
C. practically D. urgently
85. —Hi， Mark. How was the musical evening？
—Excellent！ Ales and Andy performed ， and they won the firs prize.
A. skillfully B. commonly
C. willingly D. nervously
86. Food safety is important， so the government spares no efforts to prevent food pollution.
A. highly B. reasonably
C. strongly D. naturally
87. According to a new study， people who work 11 hours or more each day are more than twice likely to suffer depression as colleagues who stick to an 8-hour workday.
A. rapidly B. roughly C. regularly D. recently
88. Snow had been falling ， making the roads icy and dangerous.
A. all the same B. all day long
C. all in all D. all at onceendprint