Learning objectives：1. Analyze texts， using reading clues.
2. List benefits from football and promote sports.
Difficult and important points： Applying reading clues in viewing， listening， reading， speaking and writing.
Learning methods： Constructive learning
Teaching procedures： （T.As.- Teachers Activities， S.As- Students Activities）
Activity 1： To activate background knowledge and stir logical thinking. （5）
1. Gets Ss. to view the video and answer： Whatre the popular sports in the UK？
2. Do you know other sports？ Do you like doing sports？ Why？
1. Find out the key words in Qs 1， view the video and answer.
2. Brainstorm benefits from sports.
Activity 2： To get prepared for reading practice. （2）
1.Gets Ss. to brainstorm reading clues used in daily practice.
2.Gets Ss. to explain topic related-words.
Answer the Qs individually.
Activity3： To apply reading clues at different levels. （6）
1.Gets Ss. to 1st read to get the main idea of each Para.
2.Gets Ss. to reflect how to get the main idea of each Para.
3.Gets Ss. to finish 2nd reading to summarize the structure of the passage using reading clues.
1. 1st read.
2. Summarize ways to get main ideas.
3. 2nd read.
Activity4： To improve global reading &improve language output by using reading clues. （ 5+5）
1. Gets Ss.to write a summary of the passage， based on the reading clues.
2. Shows their writings on spot.
Write a summary.
Activity5： To develop deep thinking by applying reading clues. （6）
1.Gets Ss. to read the structure of the passage again and answer： Whats the writing style and writing purpose？ Why does the author give the two examples in the passage？
1. Read the structure and answer the Qs.
2. Analyze the passage， using reading clues.
Activity 6： To inspire Ss. to apply input in class into real life， developing creative thinking. （8）
Suppose you're Chairman of the school football club， please make a speech to recommend football to invite new members.
1. Group work to deliver the appointed speech， using relevant skills.
2. Perform the task in class.
Activity 7： To consolidate input. （2）
Gets Ss. to summarize their input in the class.
Recall their input individually， others making supplements
A game for the world
structure of a summary：